Tuesday, May 13, 2008

A Brief and Triumphant Return Pt 1

Listen: this past academic year I did a few more Abandoned Astronaut comics. I don’t know if they are any good or not; I don’t hate them yet, which means that they must not be absolutely terrible. The trouble is that I have long since run out of ideas for the character that make any sense and/or are funny, but anytime I am presented with a blank sheet of notebook paper and a pen I will wind up drawing the guy, though it is remarkably rare for anything to come of it. Also, a lot has changed in terms of How Things Are Now compared to How Things Where Then, where Then is the period when I did these all the time. This makes it difficult to do the same kind of stuff, and I’m probably less likely to share this sort of thing nowadays than I was then. However, I am in a generous and blogging mood, so here they come. I think there are four, one of which remains unfinished. You know the drill, one-a-day until there aren’t any left.



“Sorry” to the handful who hate these, and “you’re welcome” to the two who used to like them a lot.

1 comment:

SarahH said...

1. I just now saw this.
2. I like the close up starting shots.
3. I still adore the astronaut.